Online Meeting Policy
Winterbourne Parish Council is committed to continue meetings during Covid-19 restrictions and therefore many meetings are now taking place virtually. This policy provides guidelines for participants.
Choose a location where you will not be disturbed, and where you are not aware of extraneous noise.
- Mute your microphone if you have this function when you are not speaking. This avoids unnecessary feedback noise.
- Think of yourself as sitting for a passport photo - we would like to achieve a ‘head and shoulders’ shot, looking into the device that you are using, which should be positioned at the same level as your face.
- If possible, try to choose a position with a plain background behind you. Ideally, it wouldn’t be white, or a very light colour. Please try to exclude mirrors, doors and particularly bright windows from the background.
- During the meeting please clearly put your hand up if you wish to speak.
- Many of us are wearing more casual clothing whilst working from home, please think about how you would normally present yourself at work or a business meeting.
Members of Public:
Members of the public are reminded that the Council cannot make any decisions on matters that do not appear on the agenda. If members of the public have questions about matters not on the agenda, they are requested to contact the Parish Council outside of the meeting.
The meeting host may remove anyone from the meeting who is being intentionally disruptive, using offensive language or incessantly interrupting the meeting proceedings.
Filming or recording of the meeting is not permitted without prior consent from the Parish Council.